Throughout the Tame Valley Wetlands (Birmingham, North Warwickshire, Staffordshire).
Ideally each Thursday, but whatever you can contribute will be greatly appreciated.
Why We Want You
We aim to develop and promote a portfolio of circular and themed walks and cycle rides across the scheme area of varying lengths in the vicinity of the River Tame, between Castle Vale and Tamworth.
We need your help to improve access routes of the Tame Valley. Work will include practical tasks such as installation of waymarking posts, fingerposts, kissing gates and boardwalks, as well as cutting back vegetation and clearing paths.
What’s In It For You
- Be part of a small, friendly team of like-minded people and be involved with a new and exciting project in its early days.
- You’ll get a chance to enjoy some wild and beautiful places, learn more about the area and share this knowledge.
- You will gain a valuable insight into the workings of several British conservation bodies and charities, including the RSPB and Warwickshire Wildlife Trust.
- This is an excellent chance to make a genuine contribution to the local communities and to wildlife conservation in the Tame Valley.
- Free biscuits and tea/coffee!
The Skills/Talents You’ll Need
- Enthusiasm and an interest in the environment.
- Understanding of maps, although training in map reading can be given.
- Willingness to take part in physical and practical tasks to improve access (e.g. digging holes, cutting back paths, etc.).
By registering as a TVW volunteer you will be registered as an RSPB, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and/or Staffordshire Wildlife Trust volunteer as necessary. All training necessary and background information will be provided and since you’ll be giving up your time, it’s only fair that we offer to reimburse your travel expenses (up to 20 miles roundtrip).
For more information…