Throughout the Tame Valley Wetlands (east Birmingham, North Warwickshire, South East Staffordshire)
Friday and potential weekend sessions to suit volunteer interests Note that there will be no lone working, due to working near water
Flexible, to fit around your commitments. Ideally, once a week throughout June and September, but any help will be greatly appreciated
Why We Want You:
We aim to create a wetland landscape, rich in wildlife and accessible to all, in the vicinity of the River Tame, between Castle Vale and Tamworth.
We need your help to search for signs of water vole in the scheme area, at sites where they were historically present and to follow up on reports of suspect sightings in the scheme area. We will also be using monitoring rafts to look for signs of American mink.
What’s In It For You:
- Be part of a small, friendly team of like minded people and be involved with a new and exciting project in its early days.
- You’ll get a chance to enjoy some wild and beautiful places, learn more about the Scheme and really get your hands dirty!
- You will learn about wildlife conservation, habitat management and you’ll also pick up or be able to share skills and techniques.
- You will gain a valuable insight into the workings of several British conservation bodies and charities, including the RSPB and Warwickshire Wildlife Trust.
- This is an excellent chance to make a genuine contribution to wildlife conservation in the Tame Valley.
- Free biscuits and tea/coffee!
The Skills/Talents You’ll Need:
Enthusiasm and an interest in conservation are essential. No specialist skills are required though a good level of fitness and a desire to work outside and near water, is essential. You will need an up-to-date tetanus injection and enjoy working as part of a team.
- By registering as a TVW volunteer you will be registered as an RSPB, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and/or Staffordshire Wildlife Trust volunteer as necessary.
- All training will be provided.
- As you will be giving up your free time, it’s only fair that we offer to reimburse your travel expenses (up to 20 miles roundtrip).
For more information:
Contact Tracey Doherty: firstname.lastname@example.org