Our wildlife is important
Wildlife crime is an offence and needs reporting. Examples include:
- Killing protected species,
- Disturbing protected species,
- Disturbing nests,
- Damaging the breeding and resting places of protected species (habitat destruction),
- Trapping and snaring,
- Fishing without a licence,
- Keeping a wild animal captive,
- Illegally trading in endangered species.
More information on wildlife crime and protected species can be found on The Wildlife Trusts’ website.
You can help by becoming a Wildlife Watcher.
Report wildlife crime to the police on 101 or dial 999 if a crime is in progress.
Incidents can also be reported on the Warwickshire Rural Watch website at: