14th October 2018
The wetlands of the Tame Valley, located along a 20km stretch of the River Tame between Coleshill and Tamworth, offer a wonderful hidden landscape for people and wildlife. The last century has seen huge impacts on the river and its...
1st October 2018
Here's another dreamy, relaxing video of fish on the River Tame. In 2016, Tame Valley Wetlands Landscape Partnership led a project to recreate a back channel and reinstate an island feature at Tameside LNR, Tamworth, Staffordshire. The back channel was...
27th September 2018
Tame Valley Wetlands is excited to share with you the first of a few short videos filmed underwater in our fabulous rivers. We have been working with Jack Perks who has perfected the art of underwater filming and we are truly...
5th September 2018
Fasten your seat belts and watch our film below for a whistle-stop tour of the Tame Valley Wetlands Nature Improvement Area! Our film takes you on a virtual tour along the River Tame, exploring some of the main sights and...
22nd August 2018
Tameforce transform a forgotten stream in a day!
27th July 2018
Nearly one hundred volunteers and representatives from local groups and organisations on the Tame Valley Wetlands Landscape Partnership came together to celebrate the Tame Valley Wetlands Landscape Partnership Scheme on Tuesday 17th July 2018. The evening event took place at...
4th July 2018
Welcome to your new home!
26th June 2018
Himalayan balsam is meeting its match right now in the Tame Valley Wetlands scheme area thanks to the support from Banister Charitable Trust
28th March 2018
Tame Valley Wetlands Landscape Partnership reaches the final for the prestigious UK River Prize 2018!
13th March 2018
If you’ve noticed any extra conservation work going on around Tamworth in the last few months, you may have TORC college to thank. Tame Valley Wetlands teamed up with TORC college in Tamworth to provide work experience placements for their...
Latest stories from the Tame Valley Wetlands…
- Planting at Southfields Farm
- Beat the Balsam - Biological control of Himalayan Balsam
- Beat the Balsam - Mechanical Control of an Invasive Species
- The Tame Valley Wetlands Scheme - Our Achievements
- Tame Fish (Part 2)
- The River Tame as you have never seen it before
- A Journey Through Tame
- Balsam meets its match at Church Pool Covert!
- Working together in the Tame Valley Wetlands - celebrating our achievements!
- Sand Martins move into the Community Wetlands at Kingsbury Water Park
Also in this section
- Tame Valley Blog – news and articles about the Tame Valley Wetlands.
- Project updates – find out how our projects are progressing.
- Social Media page – the very latest snippets on what we’re up to!
- Newsletters – download our latest newsletter