Please note – we are currently unable to offer Youth volunteering, but please contact us if you think you might be interested in potential opportunities we have in the future.
Throughout the Tame Valley Wetlands (east Birmingham, North Warwickshire, Staffordshire)
Minimum 1 day per month (flexible), maximum 1 day per week
Why We Want You
Tame Valley Wetlands aims to create a wetland landscape, rich in wildlife and accessible to all, in the vicinity of the river Tame, between Castle Vale and Tamworth. We need your help to improve the fragmented and degraded landscape of the Tame Valley. We will hold four work parties a month to carry out essential work on various sites, conserving, enhancing and restoring natural heritage features. Tasks will include woodland, wetland and grassland management, removal of invasive non native species, wildlife surveying, bird box making and litter picking.
What’s In It For You?
- Be part of a small, friendly team of like minded people and be involved with a new and exciting project in its early days.
- You’ll get a chance to enjoy some wild and beautiful places, learn more about the Scheme and really get your hands dirty!
- You will learn about wildlife conservation and habitat management and you’ll also pick up or be able to share skills and techniques.
- You will gain a valuable insight into the workings of several British conservation bodies and charities, including the RSPB, Warwickshire and Staffordshire Wildlife Trusts.
- This is an excellent chance to make a genuine contribution to wildlife conservation and the local communities in the Tame Valley.
- You will be able to enhance your CV and may take advantage of training schemes we offer.
The Skills/Talents You’ll Need
Enthusiasm and an interest in conservation are essential. No specialist skills are required though a good level of fitness and a desire to work outside (in all weather) is essential.
By registering as a TVW volunteer you will be registered as an RSPB, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and/or Staffordshire Wildlife Trust volunteer as necessary. All the training necessary and background information will be provided.