Throughout the Tame Valley Wetlands (Midlands, Birmingham, North Warwickshire, Staffordshire)
Flexible, can be changed to suit you, up to a point. Could be anytime depending on the subject photographed, but will definitely include weekends for events.
Why We Want You:
Tame Valley Wetlands aims to create a wetland landscape, rich in wildlife and accessible to all, in the vicinity of the river Tame, between Castle Vale and Tamworth. Over the next three years we are planning to deliver an exciting series of projects, events and workshops. The success of our scheme will be reliant on good communication and promotion, and to achieve this we will need high quality photographs. We want you to photograph the Tame Valley Wetlands area, our projects, our events, our volunteer and staff at work etc. You will be required to photograph a wide variety of subjects depending on our promotional needs.
What’s In It For You
- Be part of a small, friendly team of like-minded people and be involved with a new and exciting project in its early days.
- You’ll get a chance to enjoy some wild and beautiful places, sharpen your people engagement skills and learn about wildlife and your local heritage.
- You will get experience as an event and project photographer, and your images (copyrighted to your name, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust) will gain a large exposure in local media.
- You will gain a valuable insight into the workings of several British conservation bodies and charities, including the RSPB and Warwickshire Wildlife Trust.
- This is an excellent chance to make a positive contribution to wildlife conservation, and to help support and promote the work of the Tame Valley Wetlands.
The Skills/Talents You’ll Need:
You will need good photography skills, obviously. But you will also need to comfortable enough around people to walk up to members of the public and ask to take their picture. If you are happy to use your own camera this would be a plus, but we will have our own camera available for you to use.
By registering as a TVW volunteer you will be registered as an RSPB, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and/or Staffordshire Wildlife Trust volunteer as necessary. All the training necessary and background information will be provided and since you’ll be giving up your time, it’s only fair that we will offer to reimburse your travel expenses.
For more information, contact:
Chris harris, Interpretation Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org