TameFest 2017 is on Saturday 27th May 2017 in the heart of Tamworth, on Tamworth Castle upper and lower grounds!
TameFest is a fun event showcasing the vibrant heritage and landscape of the Tame Valley Wetlands. History, wildlife, crafts, and more: TameFest is the opportunity to sample this and have a go at a huge range of activities, for free!
We are delighted to be welcoming the Mayor of Tamworth Cllr John Chesworth and the Mayoress Mrs Tereasa Chesworth to TameFest 2017!
- Beckie’s Little Book Shop
- Coleshill British Legion
- Community Together CIC – Pottery painting
- Core Assets Childrens Services – Crafts and games
- Crepes at Chez Jacey – Sweet crêpes
- Della May Doggie Bakery – Home-made dog treats
- Dig-iT (Dyslexia information group) -Animal mask making, bead jewellery making
- Dun Roamin’ Rehoming – Face painting
- Fantasia Hair Wraps, Flower Crowns & Glitter Tattoos
- Friends of Kingsbury Water Park – Badge making
- Saxon Gardener -Meet the Saxon Gardener and discover about plants and herbs used in a period garden. Find out about planting and what was grown in the garden during the seasons. Discover about different period tools and uses of plants in everyday life.
- Gilly’s Emporium – Animal planters and twig art
- Harcourt Bake House – Bread, cakes, biscuits and pastries!
- Help for Heroes – HfH merchandise and free children crafts
- In It Together – Wooden crafts decorating
- Indian Delights – Indian curries, samosas, wraps and kebabs
- JTF Mega Discount Warehouse (Partner Charity Breast Friends) –
- Karen Mullen Designs – Fabric sculptures, ornaments and wall art
- Kate-O-Liscious Studio – Cupcakes & cake pops
- Kates Kitchen – Breakfast baps, burgers, sausages, etc.
- Lucy Cortese Artist & Stone Carver – Stone carving demonstration
- Merrie Din- Saxon Music troupe
- Mini Mansell’s Circus Skills Workshop
- Pennyroyal – Garland dancing group
- Red Coffee Co – Hot drinks
- RSPB – Nature activities: seed bomb making, leaf litter bug hunt etc.
- Saxon Peasants: Meet Harold and Mathilda who are on their way to Kenilworth market to see if they can get a good price for a rather ancient bit of mutton, and a bad tempered old goose.
- Shoebox Theatre CIC – Performance of the Tanner of Tamworth, a medieval mummer’s play
- Soroptimist International of Tamworth – Gardening items, tools and plant sale
- Spencer Jenkins greenwood artist- make your own willow sword
- Staffie Central UK – Offering Staffordshire & English Bull Terrier gifts, plus supporting Bullie charities!
- Staffordshire Regiment (Sgt Watchman V Statue Campaign) – Meet Watchman, the Staffordshire regiment’s last mascot (Staffordshire Bull Terrier) and learn all about his campaign, plus have a go at the airsoft shooting range provided!
- Staffordshire Wildlife Trust – Pond creatures on display, ball game, wildlife quizz
- Sweet Boutique – Pick n mix, candy cones, popcorn…
- Tailored Tastes Outside Catering – Freshly cooked BBQ
- Tamworth & District Hedgehog & Bird Rescue
- Tamworth & District Civic Society – Heritage display
- Tamworth Literature Festival
- The Crafty Dog Lady – Pyrography
- Warwickshire Wildlife Trust – Hook a duck, making dragonflies
- Wattle & Daub Workshop- Come and discover Saxon building techniques using wattle and daub.
- Woodland Trust – Leaf and bark rubbing, willow crowns and wands
- Victorian Police Constable – Meet our Victorian Policeman, learn about crime and punishment in Victorian times, and be on your best behaviour, as he’ll be keeping good order!
Performances at Tamefest
|11.00 am||Pennyroyal garland dancers||-at the bandstand|
|11.30 am||Merrie Din – Saxon period music||-on the upper lawn|
|12.00 pm||Pennyroyal garland dancers||-at the bandstand|
|12.30 pm||Merrie Din – Saxon period music||-on the upper lawn|
|1.00 pm||Pennyroyal garland dancers||-at the bandstand|
|1.30 pm||Merrie Din – Saxon period music||-on the upper lawn|
|2.00 pm||Shoebox theatre – the Tanner of Tamworth||-at the bandstand|
|2.30 pm||Merrie Din – Saxon period music||-on the upper lawn|
|3.00 pm||Shoebox theatre – the Tanner of Tamworth||-at the bandstand|
|3.30pm||Merrie Din – Saxon period music||-on the upper lawn|
And more to come!
(Please note the list may change closer to the date)
For more information contact Rita Gries, our Community and Events Officer.