Please note that currently due to COVID-19, although volunteering opportunities have now been able to restart, we have needed to put in place certain restrictions and health and safety measures during volunteering sessions. We would like to thank each of our valued volunteers for their time, support and patience as we work through this process.
Tame Force is a team of enthusiastic volunteers who want to help wildlife and people in the Tame Valley Wetlands area. Join our team to get involved in practical conservation throughout the Tame Valley Wetlands.
Throughout the Tame Valley Wetlands (east Birmingham, North Warwickshire, Staffordshire)
Our team is based at Hams Hall Environmental Centre, but Tame Force is mobile (thanks to the Tame Valley Wetlands minibus) and will visit different locations in the Tame Valley Wetlands, doing practical conservation and access work.
Every Tuesday from 9:30am – 3:30pm
Ideally 1 day a week, but any help will be greatly appreciated!
Why We Want You:
We aim to create a wetland landscape, rich in wildlife and accessible to all, in the vicinity of the River Tame, between Castle Vale and Tamworth.
We need your help to improve habitat and access within the local area. We will hold up to 8 work parties a month to carry out essential work on various sites, conserving, enhancing and restoring natural heritage features. Tasks will include woodland, wetland and grassland management, removal of invasive non-native species, wildlife surveying, bird box making, access improvements and litter picking.
What’s In It For You:
- Be part of a small, friendly team of like minded people and be involved with our projects
- You’ll get a chance to enjoy some wild and beautiful places, learn more about the Tame Valley Wetlands and really get your hands dirty!
- You will learn about wildlife conservation and habitat management and you’ll also have the opportunity to train in and share skills and techniques.
- You will gain a valuable insight into the workings of several British conservation bodies and charities, including the RSPB and Warwickshire Wildlife Trust.
- This is an excellent chance to make a genuine contribution to wildlife conservation and the local communities in the Tame Valley.
- Free biscuits and tea/coffee!
The Skills/Talents You’ll Need:
Enthusiasm and an interest in conservation are essential. No specialist skills are required though a good level of fitness and a desire of work outside (in all weather) is essential. You will need an up to date tetanus injection and to enjoy working as part of a team.
By registering as a TVW volunteer you will be registered as an RSPB, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust and/or Staffordshire Wildlife Trust volunteer as necessary.
All the training necessary and background information will be provided and since you’ll be giving up your free time.
For more information:
Contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01675470917.