The Tame Valley provides a good example as to how best we should help reduce flood risk: dredging, particularly in the Tame Valley, is not the answer! Instead we need to:
1) Restore water-retaining habitats over large areas
2) Create more multi-functional wetlands
3) Design water storage into farming systems
4) Respect the natural role of floodplains
5) Better design to collect and capture water in urban areas
For more information and to download the CIWEM and Blueprint for Water latest report ‘Floods and Dredging: a reality check’ please click here: http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/node/87063.